Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Relate me.

"Study me as much as you like, you will never know me. For I differ a hundred ways from what you see me to be. Put yourself behind my eyes, and see me as I see myself. Because I have chosen to dwell in a place you can’t see." written by Rumi
"It’s a sad day when you find out that it’s not accident or time or fortune, but just yourself that kept things from you." written by Lillian Hellman

"I want love to be simple. I want to trust without thinking. I want to be generous with my affection and patience and love unconditionally. It is easier to love a person with their flaws than to weed through them. I want to love the whole person, not parts; and this is how I want to be loved." written by Jewel Kilcher

"In the moment you’re thinking of giving up, think about why you have lasted so long." written by Fernando Torres

"The feelings that hurt most, the emotions that sting most, are those that are absurd; the longing for impossible things, precisely because they are impossible; nostalgia for what never was; the desire for what could have been; regret over not being someone else; dissatisfaction with the world’s existence. All these half-tones of the soul’s consciousness create in us a painful landscape, an eternal sunset of what we are." written by Fernando Pessoa

"Pain is like fabric: The stronger it is, the more it’s worth." written by John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

"I no longer believed in the idea of soul mates, or love at first sight. But I was beginning to believe that a very few times in your life, if you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together." written by Lisa Kleypas, Blue-Eyed Devil